Wednesday 7 April 2010

New Wimbledon Theatre

Last night I went to the musical 'Hot Flush' at the New Wimbledon Theatre. Who would have thought that a musical about the menopause would be so hilarious? I certainly didn't but I'm pleased to say that I had a very enjoyable time.

The Theatre is about to celebrate it's centenary and is hosting an open day on 14th April with a grand opening at 11am by June Whitfield CBE. Throughout the day there are prizes to be won, such as the chance to fly across stage like Peter Pan. Theatre tickets for a year. There are workshops that include 1920's dance, lighting & sound and a family panto workshop. There will be stage make up demonstrations and songs from My Fair Lady performed by the Wimbledon Light Opera. The day culminates in a ghost tour at 6 pm.

It is advisable to book for the dance workshops and ghost tour on wimbledonadmin@theambassadors.com

Children U14 must be accompanied by an adult.

More info here

No comments:

Post a Comment